I was able to glean even more wisdom from alt day 2 on the twitterverse. I heard Tina Roth Eisenberg hit it out of the park with the closing keynote.
Up and coming blog list from Liz Stanley
“If you don’t find something inspirational, or come up with a great idea you shouldn’t force a post.” - Design Milk
First benchmark for ad sales: do you WANT ads on your site? Second benchmark: do you have 5 passionate readers - Federated Media
“Art is the ultimate renewable resource.” - DJ Spooky
“Life is too short not to surround yourself with beautiful things.” - Swiss Miss
Blog with the right intentions (don’t blog just to make money) - Swiss Miss
Rules of blogging from Swiss Miss:
- Always credit your sources.
- Respect the reader - too many ads, too busy, music on site, insincere content are no nos.
- Keep it light “I want to be a happy place.”
- Blog with the right intentions. Focus on what’s important.
- Respect your readers with beautiful images.
- Find your place and own it.
- There is such a thing as blogging too much. Don’t make your readers feel like they can’t keep up.
- Be personal.
- Know what not to post about.
// kaleidoscope image from I need nice things